Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Squats, 5 x 5

Made up the Squat WOD from Sunday today. 5 x 5 and my thighs and ass are SORE!

3 x 5 @ 135 warm up
155 x 5
165 x 5
175 x 5
180 x 5 (first 2 were short)
180 x 4 (and I failed on the last one)

Had grand plans to get a CFE workout in immediately following squats, but it just wasn't happening today. It sounds strange, but I still don't feel 100% recovered from my birthday on Saturday. And here's the thing...I really didn't drink that much. But between the 2 cocktails, the salt and sugar in the meal and the total lack of sleep, I was pretty wiped out. Didn't attempt anything Sunday, Monday felt really hard, and today felt harder than it should have.

What can I say? I'm just gonna go back to clean, simple food, hydration & lots of sleep. Hopefully I'll hit my next workout cycle feeling a bit better.

No comments: