Friday, May 8, 2009

3-in-1 day: Grace, Intervals & a Swing-Row Fran

Really antsy today....too much time off. So I managed to get in 3 micro workouts:

AM: Crossfit WOD - Grace

Grace
135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps
Use 95 pounds, 65 pounds or broomstick as needed and post time and load to comments.

So I did Half-ass Grace. Used 65# and did hang power cleans instead of power cleans or squat cleans. My time was...hm...a bit over 3 minutes as I recall...I'll see if I can find that paper and get a proper record. Next time I'd like to keep the weight the same but do the full squat clean to better develop my front squat strength.

Edit: found that paper. My time was 3:17

Afternoon: Crossfit Endurance 1:1 Intervals

Ran this on the treadmill.

Round 1: 45 sec on, 45 sec off - 7.7 mph
Round 2: 1:30 on, 1:30 off - 7.9
Round 3: 3 on, 3 off - 8.0
Round 4: 6 on, 6 off - 8.2
Round 6: 3 on, 3 off - 8.4
Round 7: 1:30, 1:30 - 8.6
Round 8: :45 on, :45 off - 9.0



PM: Crossfit with Kevin
21, 15 & 9 Rep Rounds (Fran Style) for Time:
1.5 pood Kettlebell Swing (53 pounds? 63?)
Calories on Rower

My time was 5:03 (I'm pretty sure about this, but might be a few seconds off.)

This was basically a Fran with Swings and Rowing. It was awesome. The KB was the heaviest weight I've done...used Kevin's KB and just got smoked. It was fantastic. Having Kevin there yelling at me (encouragingly) was great too...he knew when I was slacking even a bit on the row and forced me to focus and pull hard. I was pretty pleased with my 5:03...obviously if I were doing it again I'd like to see a sub-5.

No comments: