Sunday, May 17, 2009

AM: "Diane" | Walking Lunge + Box Jump + Pull-ups

"Diane"

21-15-9

Deadlift 135#
Handstand Push-ups

8:51

I can't really do a handstand push-up yet, but I'm getting close. I adjust the smith bar to the highest setting and kick my legs up so my lower shins are resting on the bar. Then I get as low as I can, which by the end was about 1" lower than lockout. Still, I think my first several were pretty good: within 5 or 6" of the floor, I'd say. There was a lot of frustration with this WOD, though: I kicked up several times on the second round and just fell back cause I was so fatigued. I can see how this workout would be smoking brutal once you have the skill set to get hard all the way through. One day....!

Recovered for while (maybe 20 minutes) while I rearranged the gym, then took on another WOD:

As Rx:
Four rounds for time of:
100 ft Walking lunge, carrying 30 pound dumbbells
24 inch Box Jump, 30 reps
30 pound Weighted pull-ups, 20 reps

As Performed:
Three rounds for time of:
30 Walking lunges, carrying 30 pound dumbbells (switched to 25# plates for round 2 & 3)
18 inch Box Jump, 30 reps
30 pull-ups

17:49

It was relatively clear to me by the end of round 1 that I wasn't going to do 4 rounds of this workout. Not after my Diane attempt. I did what I could but I felt pretty leaden. Arms were toast. I was doing single kip-ups but the last round.

No comments: