Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Workout of my 30s!

Today was pretty busy, so my first chance to get to the gym was only 15 minutes before I needed to leave to pick up Bella. So I did a 1 mile time trial and rocked it out in 8 minutes. I'd like to get this to 7:30 by the time we leave for France, and I think it's doable. Nonetheless, an 8 minute mile is a great achievement for me, and I'll take it!

In the PM I came back but was a little unfocused. Luckily, Kevin's core class started just a bit after I arrived in the gym so I caught that and was able to get a decent workout in without a lot of thinking. It was a series of sit-ups and low back extensions, alternating in 30 second increments.

Relayed the results of my body comp to Kevin, and his reaction to my body fat was: "Don't go any lower." I agree. I think 13-14 percent is probably where I want to maintain, which translates to about pound and a half extra fat, or a total weight of 151-152. I'll get some hot pictures of my abs so I have proof they look like this, then go tuck into a plate of hot wings. :)

After core class I felt like I had a bit more to give, so I worked on lighter-weight Deadlifts for a few rounds. Started with sets of 5 at 135, went to sets of 3 at 185. Did maybe 8 sets total.

That was it. My first day back, and a moderate/ho hum workout.

No comments: