Friday, May 22, 2009

PM: DB Clean & Jerk+ Running WOD

Crossfit class with Kevin...after "Twins" this morning, I just wanted something hard and fast....like 5 minute fast, preferably involving no shoulder work.

No such luck.

5 Rounds for Time
35# DB Clean & Jerk
400 meter run

17:03

I was 7 seconds away from being dead last of four on this WOD...and I only moved into next-to-last on the last round of running, about 50 meters away from the end. Sheer pride and force of will forced me to sprint it out at the end. My already dubious finish was further blunted by the fact that the guy I passed was 71 years old and immediately after class went on an 15 (ish) mile bike ride to Woodenville to get go get dinner with his wife.

I would have felt supremely sucky were it not for the fact that I was very much at the end end end of my three day training cycle.

Doing the cleans was okay but hurt my wrist. About 1 time of 3 I failed on the jerks....sheer muscle fatique just overrode almost everything.

And my runs were pretty weak. Kevin said he needs to teach me to run. Apparently I run like a deer...all leapy. I may have over-corrected my heel stride. Shit! One of these days I will figure out how to run, I swear! Agh.

So the cleans did leave me with nasty little bruise pattern:


Yeah, that's not pretty.

No comments: