Monday, May 11, 2009

10-20-30-40-50

Didn't get to the gym until late, and met up with Alison. It was a mainsite rest day, so we did this:

10-20-30-40-50

3 Rounds for Time
10 pull-ups
20 push-ups
30 ab mat sit-ups
40 walking lunges with one-arm press hold
50 squats

Me: 17.03 - using 25# plate overhead on the lunges and dropping a bit too hard onto the dynamax ball n the last 20 or so squats

Alison: 18:00 - modified pull-ups, 10# overhead, also getting a little aggressive with the drop on the last squats, but at that point we had done 130 or so...

So that was pretty tough. A good, old fashioned ass burner. We were originally shooting for 5 rounds, then compromised with 4 rounds, and both agreed 3 rounds would be just fine after the first round took over 5 minutes. The lunges were the killer for me. It was just tough to maintain really good core control and arm lockout at that fatigue level.

After our legs stopped quivering we opted for the Crossfit Endurance 2 x 1000 meter interval runs. I was thinking 7.5 mph on the treadmill would be pretty doable for .6 miles, but after those squats I was just smoked, and had to drop my speed to 7.0 for the second half of the first 1K. After 2 minutes of rest, the second 1K was run at 7.0 and it was a struggle to keep up. In fact, attempts to lower the speed a bit ended up with me pausing the run so I had to notch the treadmill speed back up. This of course takes a bit, so I got a little break mid-run. I ran .6 miles on each interval, which I think is a touch shy of 1K, and my times were pretty weak: 5:10 ish and 5:20 ish (I have the exact times downstairs but it's kinda late to go find my notes.).

After leg-quiver got the better of her, Alison opted for the rower, and banged out 2x1200 meter rows on the c2. Nice.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my fitness rhythmn this week....it's been a few days of pretty well earned indugence, but I'm ready to get back to my healthy eating and good-feeling. :)

No comments: