Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Spin + Glute Workout

Today was a Crossfit rest day but I missed Monday Spin because it was a holiday and Sue called in a sub for class who just doesn't work for me. Besides, with the day off for Nick and Bella, no one in the family was up and moving at 9:00 anyway. So I wasn't about to miss the Wednesday class, rest day or no.

AM: Spin Class with Sue. 60 minutes, great as usual. Hills, intervals, the usual. Felt a bit easier than it sometimes does, though I did drip buckets of sweat by the time I was done, so maybe that's just selective memory talking.

PM: After work I did an Oxygen magazine glute workout at home. It was good. I'm a bit dismayed over how little and flat my ass has gotten. I kind miss the junk, you know? So I thought maybe a little extra targeting would help re-round my tush, but I'm not sure "targeting" is really my thing anymore.

To be clear, it wasn't a bad workout. There were walking lunges and mule kicks and other very effective moves. It's just that it felt...kinda...boring. I know I don't flinch at doing 50 squats, but 15 reps of unweighted mule kicks somehow felt tedious. I think Crossfit has spoiled me to body-part specific routines. Again, it's not that I didn't get a little sweat going or that my muscles didn't have to work...they did. But it's just not as fun to me to methodically work the same muscle from 14 different angles. Different strokes, I guess.

No comments: