Monday, May 18, 2009

AM: Spin Class | Row + Bench Press WOD

Sue's 60 minute spin class this morning was great...hills focused so my butt was sore!

Rested a good 30 minutes, maybe more, while chatting with a fellow spin-class-taker Suzie. She's super cool and I did my best to talk her into coming to Kevin's Friday Crossfit class.

While I rested I enjoyed a lovely (if very sweet) Bobo's Chocolate Oat Bar. These babies are basically oats and sugar and chocolate. I wouldn't say they are exactly clean, but they aren't that bad either, and they are inspiring me to make my own bars again for a little post-spin recovery snack. Normally I prefer my calories from real food, but I'm glad I ate something after spin so I had some fuel for the WOD.

WOD, as Rx:
For time:
Row 500 meters
Body weight Bench press, 30 reps
Row 1000 meters
Body weight Bench press, 20 reps
Row 2000 meters
Body weight Bench press, 10 reps

WOD, as Performed:
For time:
Row 500 meters
85# Bench Press, 30 reps
Row 1000 meters
85# Bench Press, 20 reps
Row 2000 meters
85# Bench Press, 10 reps


21:48

Bench press was about 56% body weight, which is "pack" scaled. Broke the bench press down into sets of 5 all the way through. Much heavier and it would have been sets of 2 at the end, so I'm happy with my choice of weight.

I was averaging about 2:05/500 meters on the first row, 2:12ish on the second, and between 2:10-2:18 on the third, until the final 500 meters where I dropped it back down to right around 2:00-2:05 by focusing on a nice strong pull.

No comments: