Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 17: Karen. 150 Wall Ball Shots

Karen. 150 Wall Ball. Broke into 10 sets of 15, with lightest Dynamax ball (8 lbs, half of rX weight for women). Actually, this wasn't bad. I think I was the only one not hating life at class. It was just kinda about getting thru it. Most other people pushed really hard and then took 30-45 second breaks. I just did my 15, took a little sip of water between each set, and went back for the next set of 15. Working methodically like this I didn't burn out and it took until set 6 to really feel like I was pushing. I am moderating intensity carefully, and that's deliberate, so I don't think I really pushed myself hard enough or used enough weight to feel this workout the way it's meant. I don't think you are supposed to come away from Karen saying, "eh, not so bad."

7:45, second fastest in class today. Beaten by the guy who also had a 8# ball. :) Methodical pays off.

Tried to get some folks to do a second 150 with me, but no one would do it, so I did the stair climbing machine for 20 minutes, worked up a decent sweat and called it a day.

On a side note, I ate a huge, delicious, carb-o-rific but light Vietnamese lunch today. (Tamarind Tree rocks!) I wonder if being so fueled up is why this workout didn't burn me out so much?

No comments: