Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 21: Fun x 30 + Squats

AM:
Walked track for 50 minutes...nice moderate pace, nothing too aerobic, just a way to stretch our my back and move comfortably. Covered probably 3 miles, but I wasn't keeping count of my laps.

PM:
Warm Up:
1 mile interval walk/jog. 6.5 mph flat/4 mph @ 5% grade.

Workout:
30 push ups
30 pull ups
30 one-armed kettlebell swings -12kg (15 each arm)
30 knees to elbows
30 pregnant burpees

Rest, then:
5 rounds
10 squats (45# Rnd. 1, 65# Rnd. 2, 85# Rnd. 3, 95# Rnd. 4, 105# Rnd. 5)
10 bench dips

105# squats have never felt so hard! On a nice non-pregnany day that would be a warm up weight! Oh my god, I regret not squatting more in early pregnancy. Now I'm going to have quite a bit of ground to make up after the baby is born. But hey, let's face it: everything is harder in pregnancy, and the point is to get in there and do what you can safely and comfortably do, not to compare to what the non-pregnant people (including my old non-pregnant self!) are/could do.

Nice 45 minute long walk with Nick along waterfront to wrap it all up.

After all that great movement I was ready for dinner. Luckily I had braised some lamb shoulder chops with curried gingered vegetables earlier in the day, so dinner was a snap and I was happy to devour it!

No comments: