Thursday, July 17, 2008

That's one way to run errands

Needed to get the drivers side mirror on my car fixed; also needed to be at the optometrist (inside Costco) for an exam and new contacts. The car place and Costco were about 2.5 miles apart, so I dropped off my car and ran to my optometry appointment.

Here's me having successfully having made it to the Costco parking lot.

Running back to the car wasn't so fun: there were a lot more cars along Aurora; it had warmed up; and most significantly I had my pupils dialated for the eye exam. I ran out of Costco (hadn't thought to bring sun glasses) and the first white car I saw was like staring directly at the sun. Before the pain of retinal burn forced me to shield my eyes, it was kinda trippy walking around the parking lot feeling like my brain was about 3 F-Stops overexposed.

About two minutes outside convinced me that I could not safely run back to my car. I would have to keep my eyes pretty much closed, and little good could come of that, so I walked across the parking lot to the Big 5 Sporting Goods and bought a Cookies & Cream Power Bar and a cheap pair of shades. ...Much better!

No comments: