Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hit It.

Crossfit WOD:

With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

4 minutes completed, but I did this WOD completely wrong: I used an assist band and knocked out 1 the first minute, then just totally forgot what I was doing and did 8 the 2nd minute. Then I went back to 3 for the 3rd minute, and 4 for the 4th minute. Couldn't quite knock out 5 in the 5th minute. So, 4 minutes.

Then, because, Crossfit or no, 16 pull-ups with an assist band does not a workout make, I did a mini circuit:

5 rounds:
-65# Bench Press - 12
-Sumo Squat Box Jumps - 12
-95# Deadlift - 12

3 rounds:
-22.5# Bent Over DB Row - 12
-45# Alternating DB Chest Press with Tabletop Leg Hold (22.5 #/arm) - 10
-GHD Sit-Ups -8

Cardio: Treadmill Intervals
3 rounds - 12 minutes total plus warm up/cool down
2 minutes @ 4 mph
2 minutes at 7.5-8 mph

Cardio note: I had some kind of running breakthrough today. My legs were moving so fast, but it felt like I was just doing knee-highs in place. I thought about leading with my knee, which really helped, and eventually I worked my way up to 8 mph, which is NUTS fast for me. Like the fastest I've ever gone. I'm interested to know how the treadmill experience will translate to the real world. It also helped to practice on a slight up grade--like 3%, because the strike at fore foot felt so much more natural.

No comments: