Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

It's been less than fun this past 8 or 9 days. After a bike ride that kicked my butt, I took several days off of hard training, and have been just easing back into stuff.

Here's how last week has looked:
Monday: recovery day from bike ride; promptly got sick
Tuesday: sick
Wednesday: Crossfit WOD (push jerk); sick
Thursday: sick
Friday: Crossfit Personal Training Session (~60 minutes of swings, deadlifts & presses); still sick. Had to pause mid-way through an 8 min max round WOD, and the trainer must have thought I was going to pass out, because he switched out my 35# kettlebell for a 24#er when I wasn't looking. I think the 4 days of minimal eating really caught up with me as soon as I attempted exertion for any sustained amount of time.
Sat: sick; but starting to feel better. Ate today.
Sun: Swim Clinic (60 minute). Felt better after clinic; decided the time was right to start easing back into my training.
Mon: When I say easing back, I mean easy, damnit. Did a ~30 min bike ride (some hill work) + 90 minute walk
Tuesday (today): 1 mile open water swim in the heaviest swells I've ever dealt with. Did 125 yd repeats, building like this: 125; 125; 250; 250; 375; 125; 250 + several back and forths for sighting drills that added at least another 100 yds. Total = 1600

No comments: