Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 23: 7 x 5 Dumbbell Progression

7 rounds

Round 1-3: 25# each hand
Round 4-7: 30# each hand

5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang cleans
5 Dumbbell push presses
5 Dumbbell squats

This was fine. I didn't warm up, and felt really fatigued going into it. My ass and hip/low back area has been really sore. A good hard foam roller session helped some, but there's a deep muscle pain in my left glute that's really nagging me. I'm wondering if it's carry over from the relative passivity of the return road trip. Unlike the way down, Nick and I didn't stop for a workout on the return trip, and sitting that long just isn't good for the body.

Anyway, I started out at rx pregger weight of 35# and I just couldn't handle the weight. It felt much heavier than it should have, but I dropped down to 25ers and did the first 3 rounds at that weight, pretty comfortably. At that point, I was warmed up and knew I could push it a tiny bit, so I split the difference and moved up to 30# weights. The original rX was for 5 rounds, but I went to 7 rounds because I knew I could and I wanted to get something out of those 30s.

Finished with another foam roller session for my glute/hip soreness. It helped, but only a small amount.

No comments: