Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tri Training: I think I'm Really Doing This....

I spent the better part of this evening getting a training plan together for the next 33 weeks (countdown to Danskin). I’m going to be in the pool three days a week, and am going to build up my endurance in four week intervals, following a base, +10%, +10%, -25% plan to increase my minutes while allowing rest intervals. This plan is based off the 20 week Swim Training Schedule available free at Beginner Triathlete.

In other Tri News, I am super excited that D and I will be joined by my most fabulous sister in our journey to badass-ed-ness. It turns out sis has always had a secret dream to do a triathlon. Who knew? It’s already so much fun talking about all this with her; I can’t wait until we start training together too! Her awesome hubby is already designing t-shirts for the support crew to wear as we cross the finish line...something rather catchy (um, raunchy?) like “My wife does it three ways.”

I can’t believe how excited I am to start training for this. I think it’s because it feels like a real concrete goal. It’s always nice to get stronger or fitter, or get a bit more definition in the triceps, but this is a real leap into the unknown for me and my fitness. I’m going to learn two sports to do this, and there’s something just exciting as hell about the challenge.

No comments: