Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 17: Fran Modification

Nice lazy gym session since my kid is enrolled in full-day Science Camp...meaning homeschool vacation week for me!

Started with some basic strength moves. All 5 sets, 10 reps.


Deadlift - 95 #
Leg Press - 90# plate weight
Bench Press - 65#

All these felt good. The trick especially with the DL and bench was remembering NOT to block my breath...to do the "breathe while lifting" thing. Weight felt fine, no complaints from 2.0. It was nice to deadlift and just really focus on gluteal involvement over pulling anything heavy, actually.

Then I did the Fran, with modifications.

21-15-9
Thrusters - 45# bar
Pull-ups with medium band assist

Didn't time...the point was just to do it and keep form good. I'm not pushing for intensity.

Then I walked on the treadmill. 4 MPH with incline intervals between 3 and 6% grade. Shocking how brisk 4 MPH feels when you're pushing a lot more blood around your body.

No comments: