Thursday, June 4, 2009

First Swim!

I haven't been in the water since tri season ended last summer, so when my mom called me up qnd said, "hey, let's go swimming" I squeezed an hour out of my prep schedule and gt to the pool! The local pool is an outdoor seasonal pool and right now, early in the season, the water is super clean and feels great.

Swam a generous 1/2 mile...I wasn't counting laps but my mom went a 1/2 mile and I did several more lengths than her...so maybe around 900 meters?

I timed two 50-meter laps and was at 44 seconds including my touch-and-turn (not flip turn) at the mid-way point. I don't know how that is...I thought I was going pretty fast but a gal in the next lane was going a lot faster than me with what appeared to be little or no effort, so maybe it's not that fast. I'll have to look up how fast real swimmers are one of these days. ;)

No comments: