Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PM: "Kelly"

As Rx:

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Box jump, 24 inch box
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball


Messed up the order, so this is As Completed:

Five rounds for time of:
30 Box jump, 18 inch box
Run 400 meters
30 Wall ball shots, 10 pound ball

25:54, I think??

I timed this on my watch, but I see now that somehow my watch got bumped and the timer function restarted, so I do not have my exact time. Curses! I know I was just under the 26 minute mark cause I threw myself into the final 15 wall balls like a crazy person to be sub-26.

I will say, this felt really hard. Like, after round three I looked around and said, "I could just stop now" and seriously thought about it for a good 10 seconds. Then I ponied up and started jumping. But I don't usually pause to think about quitting, so I know this was a hard one.

The wall balls weren't too bad, (but then I was using half the Rx weight, at 20# I'd probably be dead by now) but the box jumps just smoked me, even at 18". I think the box jumps immediately after the wall ball was pretty evil...not sure if the Rx order would be any easier, though.

It's also totally possible I am feeling the night 'o' indulgence and the afternoon of sampling baked goods. I can certainly tell I'm not fueled up the way I have been, which is an interesting observation and good modivation to get back to a comfortably dialed-in diet asap. A few days of indulgence are fine, but not at the cost of crappy WOD times, yo! :)

Ok, I just went and checked mainsite and actually around 26 minutes isn't that horrible for this WOD, so I feel better. Seems like I'm not the only person who thinks this workout was super hard.


No comments: